Greetings! As the summer is winding down and the first day of school is rapidly approaching, I wanted to take the time to introduce myself and tell you 5 things you should know about me, your new Intermediate Music teacher!
My name is Ms. Jones and I recently moved from Phoenix Arizona where I was teaching K-8 music at a Title 1 school. This is my second full year teaching music and I am so excited to be part of the St. John’s community! I am eager to begin our musical journey and I can’t wait to meet everyone!
One of my favorite back to school activities is to have students write down a couple of things they believe I, as their teacher, should know about them. This helps me build relationships with each student as well as figure out how I can best teach them music. I would like to lead by example and tell you five things you should know about me (and ask some questions you can answer!) as we begin this journey together!
- I love animals! I have a dog named Dot who will probably make an appearance or two in our slideshows. Do you have any pets?
- I was born in Ohio and I have lived in 5 states! Were you born in another state? Have you lived in another state?
- My favorite color is blue. I wear A LOT of blue. What’s your favorite color?
- My favorite sport is baseball! My favorite team is the Colorado Rockies. What’s your favorite sport / sport team?
- My favorite type of music always changes. Right now, I really have been enjoying classic rock music. Do you have a favorite type of music?
And there you have it! Ms. Jones in a nutshell!
I can’t wait to get to know five or more things about you!